A friend of mine asked me the other day, “does canned tuna expire?” Turns out it doesn’t. It can last for years and years and years. How crazy is that?
So I thought it might be fun to look at a great canned tuna recipe – specifically, easy canned tuna patties.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 10 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread-crumbs
- 3 cans of tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 punch of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Beat eggs and lemon juice in a bowl; stir in Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs to make a paste. Fold in tuna and onion until well-mixed. Season with black pepper. Shape tuna mixture into eight 1-inch-thick patties.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.